Many of you have sent us messages about this, so we decided to make an article about it. Are you too wondering how to install DJI Fly on your iOS or Android device? Follow the guide! Here is our tutorial in pictures.
Note: this article is translated into 5 languages. For practical reasons, all screenshots were taken on devices with English language settings.
For iOS devices (iPhone and iPad), nothing could be easier. The DJI Fly application is available on the App Store, so all you have to do is go there, search for “dji fly” and download it like any other application.
Here is a summary of the steps:
Which iOS versions? The DJI Fly application is not compatible with all versions of iOS. In order to use it, your iPhone must be equipped with iOS 11. 0 or higher. If you are on an iPad, your tablet must be equipped with iPadOS 11.0 or higher.
For Android devices, the operation is a tad more complicated, due to the fact that DJI has removed the DJI Fly app from the Google Play Store since 2021. So you have to go directly (and only) through the DJI website.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Open the Google Chrome application
2. In the search bar, type ” dji.com “.
3. Tap on the 3 small vertical lines in the upper left corner
4. Tap on “Support”, then on “Discover More DJI Services”, then on “Download”.
5. Tap on “DJI Apps”.
6. Tap on the DJI Fly application
7. Tap on “Download Android APK”.
8. A warning message informing you that the file may be dangerous may appear. If this is the case, choose “Download anyway”.
9. When the file has finished downloading, tap right to open it. The application will load.
10. If your device is not set to accept third party applications, you will receive a warning message: tap to go to settings
11. On the right of the screen that appears, tap the switch to allow third-party applications to be installed
12. Return to the previous screen by tapping on the small arrow at the top left
13. You will see a message like “Do you want to install this application”: tap on “Install” at the bottom right
14. The application will be installed. Wait quietly ⏳🙂
15. Once the application is installed, just tap on “Open” at the bottom right to access it
And that’s it! You have DJI Fly on your Android device 🏆✌🏻
And good news as a bonus: there is no need to redo this whole procedure each time the application is updated, it will update itself automatically.
Which Android versions? The DJI Fly application is compatible with Android 6.0 and higher.